Vikings, Seafood and Accordians
SeafoodFest 2012 | Ballard | July 14-15
The community of Ballard possesses a rich Scandinavian heritage and fishing history and Seafood Fest itself is in its 38th year. As a way to honor Seattle Accordion Legend, Stan Boreson, who opened the festival for many, many years with his Scandinavian humor and accordion playing, “2012 will be all accordions, all the time.” Not only will they feature accordions in the “wine garden” all weekend, but every band on the Ballard Avenue MainStage MUST include an accordion! In addition to all the music, there will be a plethora of fresh seafood, activities for adults and kids and lots of viking hats. You’ll experience a festival that is as unique as the community of Ballard itself.
- Lutefisk eating contest
- Legendary Salmon barbeque
- Lots of live music with a stage specifically for families and other stages for those with “more grown-up tastes”
- A wine bar- bistro tables, shade and a mellow environment for a break from the festival excitement
- Beer garden pouring local Maritime brews and supporting a good cause
- Simultaneous sidewalk sale from local retail businesses means great deals on really fun stuff from mom ‘n pop shops.
The International District Dragon Fest is this weekend too!
My advice? Don’t choose, do both.